This page contains links to virtually all the empirical criminal justice research available online, organized by category and publication date. If you know what you are looking for, you may also search the database. We also have an email newsletter (at right) for new clearinghouse updates.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Enter one word from the title, author or topic to search the clearinghouse:
Some of the most recently added reports are:
Thursday, September 18 2014:
- Prison and Crime: A Complex Link, [PDF] Pew Public Safety Performance Project. September, 2014.
- Criminal Victimization, 2013 [PDF] Bureau of Justice Statistics. September, 2014.
- Profile of Inmate Population Under Custody on January 1, 1995 (New York) [PDF] State of New York Department of Correctional Services. 1995.
Tuesday, September 16 2014:
- Prisoners in 2013 [PDF] Bureau of Justice Statistics. September, 2014.
- Impact of Disproportionate Incarceration of and Violence Against Black People with Mental Health Conditions In the World's Largest Jail System, [PDF] Dignity and Power Now. August, 2014.
Monday, September 15 2014:
- The Prevalence of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) in the Lives of Juvenile Offenders, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention. 2014.
- Police Officer Body-Worn Cameras [PDF] Office of Justice Programs. September, 2014.
- Parsons v. Ryan, CV 12-00601: Arizona Class Action Prison Conditions Lawsuit Expert Reports, [PDF] ACLU of Arizona. September, 2014.
Thursday, September 11 2014:
- Aging Behind Bars: Trends and Implications of Graying Prisoners in the Federal Prison System, [PDF] Urban Institute. August, 2014.
- Adventures in Risk: Predicting Violent and Sexual Recidivism in Sentencing Law, Arizona State Law Journal. March, 2014.
Wednesday, September 10 2014:
- Liberal but Not Stupid: Meeting the Promise of Downsizing Prisons, [PDF] Joan Petersilia and Francis T. Cullen, Stanford Journal of Criminal Law and Policy. June, 2014.
- Massachusetts Department of Correction Prison Population Trends 2013 [PDF] Massachusetts Department of Correction. May, 2014.
- California Prison Downsizing and Its Impact on Local Criminal Justice Systems, [PDF] Joan Petersilia, Harvard Law & Policy Review. 2014.
Friday, September 5 2014:
- Race and Prosecution in Manhattan Vera Institute of Justice. July, 2014.
- State Variation in Hospital Use and Cost of Firearm Assault Injury, 2010 [PDF] Urban Institute. August, 2014.
Thursday, September 4 2014:
- Close-Range Gunfire around DC Schools [PDF] Urban Institute. September, 2014.
- Does Immigration Enforcement Reduce Crime? Evidence from "Secure Communities", [PDF] University of Chicago Law; New York University Law School. August, 2014.
- Policing Immigration [PDF] New York University School of Law; University of Chicago Law School. 2013.
- Race and Punishment: Racial Perceptions of Crime and Support for Punitive Policies, [PDF] Sentencing Project. September, 2014.