Our mission is to empower activists, journalists, and policymakers to shape effective criminal justice policy, so we go beyond our original reports and analyses to curate a database of virtually all the empirical criminal justice
research available online.
Tips: If you know what you are looking for, you may also search the database. We also have an email newsletter (at right)(at bottom) for new research library updates.
- Community Impact (170) Impact of justice system on communities, includes housing, employment, schools
- Conditions of Confinement (285)
- Crime and Crime Rates (339) Information on type of crime/frequency
- Death Penalty (152) Data, policy, and analysis of the death penalty
- Disability (12)
- Drug Policy (183) Analysis of drug policy and its effects on the prison system
- Economics of Incarceration (226) The economic drivers and consequences of mass incarceration
- Education (104) Correctional education and the school-to-prison pipeline
- Families (106) The justice system's impact on families.
- Felon Disenfranchisement (88) Barring people from the polls because of criminal convictions
- General (83) Atlases, indices, and broad-based source material
- Gun Control (46) Statistics on gun violence, suggestions for gun control
- Health impact (131) Public health, access to healthcare, and mortality
- Immigration (56) Detainment practices and statistics
- Incarceration Rates Growth Causes (415)
- International Incarceration Comparisons (52)
- Jails (180) Information and data on jails
Can't find what you are looking for?
Enter one word from the title, author or topic to search the library:
Advanced search options or view entire database by the date added.
Some of the most recently added reports are:
Wednesday, November 13 2019:
Monday, November 11 2019:
Friday, November 8 2019:
- Overdose Education and Naloxone Distribution in the San Francisco County Jail
Lynn D. Wenger et al..
- Incarceration Exposure and Maternal Food Insecurity During Pregnancy:
Findings from the Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), 2004-2015, Paywall :(
Alexander Testa and Dylan B. Jackson.
- Remote Adjudication in Immigration
Ingrid V. Eagly.
- The Power of Observation:
An Empirical Analysis of the Effects of Body Worn Cameras on Police Use of Force and Productivity,
- Police Stops and Searches of Indigenous People in Minneapolis:
The Roles of Race, Place, and Gender,
Marina Mileo Gorsuch and Deborah Rho.
- Age-Standardized Mortality of Persons on Probation, in Jail, or in State Prison and the General Population, 2001-2012
Christopher Wildeman, Alyssa W. Goldman, and Emily A. Wang.