Articles by PPI staff:
- Beginning of the end for ‘prison-based gerrymandering’, by Peter Wagner Washington Post, July 15, 2012
- Prison Populations Create Complications at Redistricting Time, by Peter Wagner, Missouri Municipal Review, January 2012
- Census Bureau Contributes to Prison-based Gerrymandering, by Leah Sakala, Race, Poverty and the Environment Vol. 18 No. 2, Urban Habitat, December 2011
- Reform #4: Change Where Incarcerated People are Counted, by Peter Wagner, Insights on Law & Society, American Bar Association, Winter 2010
- Prisons Warp the Vote, by Brett Blank, TomPaine.com, January 8, 2008
- Census’ cell count steals voting power by Emily Bazelon and Peter Wagner, Newsday, September 8, 2004
- Prisoners of the Census.org unveiled June 30, 2003 and updated at least weekly with factsheets, maps and more than 100 essays.
- Diluting democracy: Census quirk fuels prison expansion, [PDF], 1 page factsheet, April 2004
- Exclude prisoners from local redistricting submitted to Daily Freeman, Greene County, New York, February 3, 2003
- Locked up, then counted out: Prisoners and the census, published in the Winter 2002-2003 issue of Fortune News.
- Census Quirk Sustains New York’s Love Affair with Prisons published in the August 2002 issue of the Albany NY’s Center for Law and Justice newsletter.
- Testimony before the New York State Legislative Task Force on Demographic Research and Reapportionment, March 14, 2002. Prepared testimony: in HTML or PDF format. Or read the Transcript
- Patting down the data on racial profiling in New York City, by Peter Wagner, Prison Law Blog, May 10, 2012
- Supply-side murder control?, by Peter Wagner, Prison Law Blog, April 12, 2020
- Trayvon Martin, fear of crime and mass incarceration, March 30, 2012
- Facts about crime [PDF] 1 page factsheet written with the Arizona American Friends Service Committee
- Imprisoned in Low Wages: Limited access to education for people in prison leads to economic exclusion, by Will Goldberg, Dollars & Sense July/August 2007
Graphs and maps
Rural prisons & Prison expansion
Sentencing enhancement zones
- Smart on crime, letter to the editor, from Peter Wagner, Boston Herald, Feb 4, 2011
- School Zone Laws Don’t Work, by Peter Wagner (letter), Valley Advocate, March 12, 2009.
- PRRAC Researcher Report: Sentencing Enhancement Zones Fail to Protect Children, by Aleks Kajstura & Peter Wagner Poverty & Race November/December 2008.
Sex offender exclusion
- Affidavit of Peter Wagner, August 14, 2006 in opposition to a Revere, MA city ordinance that would banish people classified as level 3 sex offenders from the city.