HELP US END MASS INCARCERATION
The Prison Policy Initiative uses research, advocacy, and organizing to dismantle mass incarceration. We’ve been in this movement for 20 years, thanks to individual donors like you.
Can you help us sustain this work?
Peter Wagner, Executive Director
Number of people in prison in 2020 from each Rhode Island Cranston neighborhood
Sources and methodology
- Cranston neighborhoods
- This is the Cranston neighborhood as last updated by the City's Planning Department in 2023.
- Number of people incarcerated from each Cranston neighborhood, 2020
- This is the number of people from each Cranston neighborhood incarcerated as of 2020. See the methodology section of the report.
- Census population, 2020
- This is the population of the Cranston neighborhood as reported in the 2020 Census.
- Total population, 2020
- This is the total population of the Cranston neighborhood as reflected in the 2020 Census plus the incarcerated population.
- Incarceration rate 100,000
- This is the number of incarcerated people divided by the total population and then multiplied by 100,000. It allows ready comparison of the frequency of incarceration between each Cranston neighborhood of different population sizes.