Number of people in prison in 2020 from each Spokane Neighborhood
Sources and methodology
- Spokane neighborhoods
- This is the Spokane neighborhood council boundary as drawn by the city in 2022.
- Number of people in state prison from each Spokane neighborhood, 2020
- This is the number of people from each Spokane neighborhood in state prison as of 2020. See the methodology section of the report.
- Census population, 2020
- This is the population of the Spokane neighborhood as reported in the 2020 Census.
- Total population, 2020
- This is the total population of the Spokane neighborhood as reflected in the 2020 Census plus the imprisoned population.
- Imprisonment rate per 100,000
- This is the number of imprisoned people divided by the total population and then multiplied by 100,000. It allows ready comparison of the frequency of imprisonment between each Spokane neighborhood of different population sizes.