HELP US GET YOU THE DATA YOU NEED
We need your help to put data & compassion into the conversation about ending mass incarceration.
Can you help us sustain this work?
Peter Wagner, Executive Director
Number of people in prison in 2010 from each Rochester City Council distict as drawn in 2012
|Rochester City Council Districts, 2012 ||Number of people in state prison from Rochester Common Council District, 2010 ||Census population, 2010 ||Total population, 2010 ||Imprisonment rate per 100,000
|South ||586 ||52,384 ||52,970 ||1,106
|East ||337 ||52,299 ||52,636 ||640
|Northwest ||618 ||52,608 ||53,226 ||1,161
|Northeast ||909 ||53,142 ||54,051 ||1,682
Sources and methodology
- Rochester City Council Districts, 2012
- This is the Rochester City Council District as drawn in 2012.
- Number of people in state prison from Rochester Common Council District, 2010
- This is the number of people from each Rochester City Council District in state prison as of 2010. See the methodology section of the report.
- Census population, 2010
- This is the population of the Rochester City Council District as reported in the 2010 Census.
- Total population, 2010
- This is the total population of the Rochester City Council Districtas reflected in the 2010 Census plus the imprisoned population.
- Imprisonment rate per 100,000
- This is the number of imprisoned people divided by the total population and then multiplied by 100,000. It allows ready comparison of the frequency of imprisonment between districts of different population sizes.