Looking for resources about COVID-19 and the criminal justice system?
See our regularly-updated coronavirus page.
Our mission is to empower activists, journalists, and policymakers to shape effective criminal justice policy, so we go beyond our original reports and analyses to curate a database of virtually all the empirical criminal justice
research available online.
Tips: If you know what you are looking for, you may also search the database. We also have an email newsletter (at right)(at bottom) for new research library updates.
- Community Impact (189) Impact of justice system on communities, includes housing, employment, schools
- Conditions of Confinement (312)
- Crime and Crime Rates (348) Information on type of crime/frequency
- Death Penalty (158) Data, policy, and analysis of the death penalty
- Disability (19)
- Drug Policy (203) Analysis of drug policy and its effects on the prison system
- Economics of Incarceration (249) The economic drivers and consequences of mass incarceration
- Education (114) Correctional education and the school-to-prison pipeline
- Families (119) The justice system's impact on families.
- Felon Disenfranchisement (98) Barring people from the polls because of criminal convictions
- General (101) Atlases, indices, and broad-based source material
- Gun Control (46) Statistics on gun violence, suggestions for gun control
- Health impact (211) Public health, access to healthcare, and mortality
- Immigration (66) Detainment practices and statistics
- Incarceration Rates Growth Causes (445)
- International Incarceration Comparisons (54)
- Jails (213) Information and data on jails
Can't find what you are looking for?
Enter one word from the title, author or topic to search the library:
Advanced search options or view entire database by the date added.
Some of the most recently added reports are:
Thursday, May 13 2021:
Tuesday, May 11 2021:
- A First Step, a Second Chance:
Public Support for Restoring Rights of Individuals with Prior Convictions, Paywall :(
Christina Mancini, Robyn McDougle, and Brittany Keegan.