Our mission is to empower activists, journalists, and policymakers to shape effective criminal justice policy, so we go beyond our original reports and analyses to curate a database of virtually all the empirical criminal justice
research available online.
Tips: If you know what you are looking for, you may also search the database. We also have an email newsletter (at right)(at bottom) for new research library updates.
- Community Impact (163) Impact of justice system on communities, includes housing, employment, schools
- Conditions of Confinement (272)
- Crime and Crime Rates (330) Information on type of crime/frequency
- Death Penalty (145) Data, policy, and analysis of the death penalty
- Disability (10)
- Drug Policy (167) Analysis of drug policy and its effects on the prison system
- Economics of Incarceration (213) The economic drivers and consequences of mass incarceration
- Education (93) Correctional education and the school-to-prison pipeline
- Families (103) The justice system's impact on families.
- Felon Disenfranchisement (85) Barring people from the polls because of criminal convictions
- General (72) Atlases, indices, and broad-based source material
- Gun Control (45) Statistics on gun violence, suggestions for gun control
- Health impact (95) Public health, access to healthcare, and mortality
- Immigration (44) Detainment practices and statistics
- Incarceration Rates Growth Causes (414)
- International Incarceration Comparisons (52)
- Jails (169) Information and data on jails
Can't find what you are looking for?
Enter one word from the title, author or topic to search the library:
Advanced search options or view entire database by the date added.
Some of the most recently added reports are:
Wednesday, September 19 2018:
- Decarceration Strategies:
How 5 States Achieved Substantial Prison Population Reductions,
The Sentencing Project.
- Emerging Issues in American Policy
Volume 4, July 2018,
Vera Institute of Justice.
- The effect of prison visitation on reentry success:
Meghan Mitchell and Kallee McCollough.
- Repairing the Road to Redemption in California
Californians for Safety and Justice.
- A Way Out:
Abolishing Death by Incarceration in Pennsylvania,
Abolitionist Law Center.
- Exonerations in 2017
The National Registry of Exonerations.
- Exonerations in the United States Before 1989
National Registry of Exonerations.
- The Price of Justice:
The High Cost of "Free" Counsel for Youth in the Juvenile Justice System,
Juvenile Law Center.
Tuesday, September 18 2018: