Our mission is to empower activists, journalists, and policymakers to shape effective criminal justice policy, so we go beyond our original reports and analyses to curate a database of virtually all the empirical criminal justice
research available online.
Tips: If you know what you are looking for, you may also search the database. We also have an email newsletter (at right) for new research library updates.
- Community Impact (163) Impact of justice system on communities, includes housing, employment, schools
- Conditions of Confinement (270)
- Crime and Crime Rates (329) Information on type of crime/frequency
- Death Penalty (145) Data, policy, and analysis of the death penalty
- Disability (10)
- Drug Policy (167) Analysis of drug policy and its effects on the prison system
- Economics of Incarceration (213) The economic drivers and consequences of mass incarceration
- Education (93) Correctional education and the school-to-prison pipeline
- Families (102) The justice system's impact on families.
- Felon Disenfranchisement (84) Barring people from the polls because of criminal convictions
- General (72) Atlases, indices, and broad-based source material
- Gun Control (44) Statistics on gun violence, suggestions for gun control
- Health impact (95) Public health, access to healthcare, and mortality
- Immigration (44) Detainment practices and statistics
- Incarceration Rates Growth Causes (413)
- International Incarceration Comparisons (52)
- Jails (169) Information and data on jails
Can't find what you are looking for?
Enter one word from the title, author or topic to search the library:
Advanced search options or view entire database by the date added.
Some of the most recently added reports are:
Wednesday, August 15 2018:
- Nowhere to Go:
Homelessness among formerly incarcerated people,
Prison Policy Initiative.
Wednesday, August 8 2018:
- Reentering Women:
The Impact of Social Ties on Long-Term Recidivism,
Kelle Barrick, Pamela K. Lattimore, and Christy A. Visher.
- The Trial Penalty:
The Sixth Amendment Right to Trial on the Verge of Extinction and How to Save It,
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Young Adults and Community Supervision
The Need for a Developmentally Appropriate Approach to Probation,
Texas Criminal Justice Coalition.
Tuesday, August 7 2018:
Monday, August 6 2018: