HELP US END MASS INCARCERATION
The Prison Policy Initiative uses research, advocacy, and organizing to dismantle mass incarceration. We’ve been in this movement for 20 years, thanks to individual donors like you.
Can you help us sustain this work?
Peter Wagner, Executive Director
Number of people in state prison or a local jail in 2020 from each Arlington neighborhood
Sources and methodology
- Arlington neighborhoods
- This is the Arlington civic association — approximating a neighborhood — as updated in 2022 by the city.
- Number of people in state prison or a local jail from each Arlington neighborhood, 2020
- This is the number of people from each Arlington neighborhood in state prison or a local jail as of 2020. See the methodology section of the report.
- Census population, 2020
- This is the population of the Arlington neighborhood as reported in the 2020 Census.
- Total population, 2020
- This is the total population of the Arlington neighborhood as reflected in the 2020 Census plus the imprisoned population.
- Incarceration rate per 100,000
- This is the number of incarcerated people divided by the total population and then multiplied by 100,000. It allows ready comparison of the frequency of incarceration between each Arlington neighborhood of different population sizes.