Number of people in prison in 2020 from each Colorado Health Statistics Region
Sources and methodology
- Health Statistics Regions
- This the Health Statistics Region as developed by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Health Statistics Regions are aggregations of counties by which the CDPHE publishes public health data.
- Number of people in state prison from each Health Statistics Region, 2020
- This is the number of people from each Health Statistics Region in state prison as of 2020. See the methodology section of the report.
- Census population, 2020
- This is the population of the Health Statistics Region as reported in the 2020 Census.
- Total population, 2020
- This is the total population of the Health Statistics Region as reflected in the 2020 Census plus the imprisoned population.
- Imprisonment rate per 100,000
- This is the number of imprisoned people divided by the total population and then multiplied by 100,000. It allows ready comparison of the frequency of imprisonment between each Health Statistics Region of different population sizes.