Number of people in prison in 2020 from each Hartford neighborhood
Sources and methodology
- Hartford neighborhoods
- This is the Hartford neighborhood as drawn by the city in 2020. * The neighborhoods of South Meadows and North Meadows have far fewer residents than all other neighborhoods in Hartford. We recommend caution when interpreting these imprisonment rates given the much smaller denominator.
- Number of people in state prison from each Hartford neighborhood, 2020
- This is the number of people from each Hartford neighborhood in state prison as of 2020. See the methodology section of the report.
- Census population, 2020
- This is the population of the Hartford neighborhood as reported in the 2020 Census.
- Total population, 2020
- This is the total population of the Hartford neighborhood as reflected in the 2020 Census plus the imprisoned population.
- Imprisonment rate per 100,000
- This is the number of imprisoned people divided by the total population and then multiplied by 100,000. It allows ready comparison of the frequency of imprisonment between each Hartford neighborhood of different population sizes.