Number of people in prison in 2020 from each New Jersey State legislative district
Sources and methodology
- Legislative districts
- This is the New Jersey state legislative district as drawn in 2022.
- Number of people in state prison from each State legislative district, 2020
- This is the number of people from each State legislative districts in state prison as of 2020. See the methodology section of the report.
- Census population, 2020
- This is the population of the State legislative districts as reported in the 2020 Census.
- Total population, 2020
- This is the total population of the State legislative districts as reflected in the 2020 Census plus the imprisoned population.
- Imprisonment rate per 100,000
- This is the number of imprisoned people divided by the total population and then multiplied by 100,000. It allows ready comparison of the frequency of imprisonment between each State legislative districts of different population sizes.