Rhode Island profile
The graphs on this page are from our 50 State Incarceration Profiles.
Change over time
Also see these Rhode Island graphs:
See also our detailed graphs about Whites,
in Rhode Island prisons and jails.
The big picture
Other research and materials on Rhode Island
- Ending prison gerrymandering in Rhode Island campaign and resource page
- Why end prison gerrymandering? Rhode Island Judiciary Committee hears testimony, by Aleks Kajstura, April 7, 2015
- Rhode Island Senate votes to end prison gerrymandering, by Aleks Kajstura, March 5, 2015
- New filings in Cranston prison gerrymandering lawsuit, by Aleks Kajstura, April 3, 2014
- Case page for Davidson vs. City of Cranston, a lawsuit against prison gerrymandering in Cranston's municipal districts
- R.I's new House speaker has a captive constituency, by Edward Fitzpatrick, Providence Journal, April 1, 2014
- Blog roundup: Fighting prison gerrymandering in Cranston, RI, by Leah Sakala, February 20, 2014
- Residents and Advocates Sue City of Cranston Over Redistricting Plan That Counts Incarcerated Population as Residents by PPI, February 19, 2014
- Rhode Island mayor: Prisoners count as residents when it helps me, not when it helps them, by Sara Mayeux, Prison Gerrymandering Blog, March 31, 2010
- N.Y. prisoners switch districts; will R.I.
follow?, by Ed Fitzpatrick (column), Providence Journal, August 17, 2010
- How does the Rhode Island incarceration rate measure up in the global context?
- Prison Policy Initiative Research Clearinghouse reports about Rhode Island