The graphs on this page are from our 50 State Incarceration Profiles.
You can also see the same graph expressed as numbers rather than as rates per 100,000.
See also our detailed graphs about Whites,
and American Indians/Native Americans
in Wisconsin prisons and jails.
The big picture
Other research and materials on Wisconsin
- Ending prison gerrymandering in Wisconsin campaign and resource page
- Prison-based gerrymandering's striking resemblance to the infamous three-fifths clause, by Leah Sakala, Prison Gerrymandering Blog, September 8, 2011
- Wisconsin sees dramatic prison-based gerrymandering in new state, county, city districts, by Peter Wagner, Prison Gerrymandering Blog, July 18, 2011
- Importing Constituents: Prisoners and Political Clout in Wisconsin, by John Hejduk and Peter Wagner, March, 2008
Math: Is the Census Bureau creating unfair politics in Wisconsin?,
by Evan Solochek, Milwaukee Magazine March 2008. (Winner: Best
Single Feature Story Under 30”, 2008
Excellence in Journalism, Milwaukee Press Club)
- How does the Wisconsin incarceration rate measure up in the global context?
- Prison Policy Initiative Research Clearinghouse reports about Wisconsin