The graphs on this page are from our 50 State Incarceration Profiles.
Change over time
Also see these Wisconsin graphs:
See also our detailed graphs about Whites,
and American Indians/Native Americans
in Wisconsin prisons and jails.
The big picture
Other research and materials on Wisconsin
- Ending prison gerrymandering in Wisconsin campaign and resource page
- Prison-based gerrymandering's striking resemblance to the infamous three-fifths clause, by Leah Sakala, Prison Gerrymandering Blog, September 8, 2011
- Wisconsin sees dramatic prison-based gerrymandering in new state, county, city districts, by Peter Wagner, Prison Gerrymandering Blog, July 18, 2011
- Importing Constituents: Prisoners and Political Clout in Wisconsin, by John Hejduk and Peter Wagner, March, 2008
Math: Is the Census Bureau creating unfair politics in Wisconsin?,
by Evan Solochek, Milwaukee Magazine March 2008. (Winner: Best
Single Feature Story Under 30”, 2008
Excellence in Journalism, Milwaukee Press Club)
- How does the Wisconsin incarceration rate measure up in the global context?
- Prison Policy Initiative Research Clearinghouse reports about Wisconsin