The graphs on this page are from our 50 State Incarceration Profiles.
Change over time
Also see these Florida graphs:
See also our detailed graphs about Whites
in Florida prisons and jails.
The big picture
Other research and materials on Florida
- Federal Judge holds prison gerrymandering unconstitutional by Aleks Kajstura, March 21, 2016
- ACLU files lawsuit challenging “prison gerrymandering” election districts in Florida county, by Bernadette Rabuy, March 11, 2015
- Reading, Writing, and Redistricting in School Board Districts with Prisons Part II: Florida, by Elena Lavarreda, December 11, 2013
- Putting the con in constituent, by Fred Grimm, The Miami Herald, September 28, 2013
- Hillsborough jails to limit incoming inmate mail to postcards, by Jessica Vander Velde, Tampa Bay Times, August 17, 2013
- ACLU suing Flagler over jail mail policy, by Julie Murphy, News-Journal (Daytona Beach, Florida), February 20, 2013
- 2 Swing States That Swing on Felon Disenfranchisement, by James Ridgeway, Mother Jones, November 2, 2012
- New graphic shows that states with harshest disenfranchisement laws will likely pick the next president, by Leah Sakala, October 30, 2012
- Disenfranchisement infographic showing that the states that bar the most people from the polls are most likely to pick the next president
- How does the Florida incarceration rate measure up in the global context?
- Prison Policy Initiative Research Clearinghouse reports about Florida