The graphs on this page are from our 50 State Incarceration Profiles.
Change over time
Also see these Iowa graphs:
See also our detailed graphs about Whites,
in Iowa prisons and jails.
The big picture
Other research and materials on Iowa
- Iowa Governor pledges to address cost of prison and jail phone calls by Peter Wagner, December 28, 2015
- Keynote at Iowa Justice Summit by Peter Wagner, August 31, 2015
- Prisons and City Elections, Joyce Russell, Iowa Public Radio November 3, 2009
- New York Times profiles Anamosa Iowa, where a district is almost entirely people in prison, by Peter Wagner, Prison Gerrymandering Blog, October 24, 2008
- How does the Iowa incarceration rate measure up in the global context?
- Prison Policy Initiative Research Clearinghouse reports about Iowa