Change over time
Also see these Indiana graphs:
See also our detailed graphs about Whites
in Indiana prisons and jails.
The big picture
Our other articles about Indiana
- Indiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas undermine their own criminal justice reform agenda with challenge of FCC regulation of prison phone industry by Emily Wildra, March 14, 2016
- Prison-based gerrymandering is over in Terre Haute, Indiana, by Leah Sakala, Prison Gerrymandering Blog, May 11, 2012
- Prison part of redistricting considerations, by Arthur Foulkes, Tribune Star, April 11, 2012
- Indiana students take action to improve local redistricting, by Leah Sakala, Prison Gerrymandering Project blog, September 21, 2011
- Inmate population complicates Henry Co. Council, by Nick Werner, The Star Press, April 11, 2011
- Does counting inmates in council districts skew representation? Policy group says yes, by Mark Bennett, The Tribune Star, April 14, 2010
- If a coalition of congressmen get their way, Vigo County and Congressional District 8 could be facing a serious population decrease, by Mark Bennett, Tribune Star, March 19, 2006
- How does the Indiana incarceration rate measure up in the global context?