The graphs on this page are from our 50 State Incarceration Profiles.
Change over time
Also see these Kansas graphs:
See also our detailed graphs about Whites,
and American Indians/Native Americans
in Kansas prisons and jails.
The big picture
Other research and materials on Kansas
- Kansas District Court Ends Wyandotte County Jail's "Postcard-Only" Mail Policy, by ACLU, February 24, 2015
- One Last Chance to Avoid Prison-Based Gerrymandering in Kansas, by Peter Wagner and Brenda Wright, Prison Policy Initiative and Dēmos, May 28, 2012.
- Kansas shouldn’t use prisoners to influence redistricting, by Mary Sanchez, Kansas City Star, March 4, 2012
- Counting prisoners is an issue for us all, by Mary Sanchez, Kansas City Star, February 17, 2010
- How does the Kansas incarceration rate measure up in the global context?
- Prison Policy Initiative Research Clearinghouse reports about Kansas