Change over time
Also see these Michigan graphs:
See also our detailed graphs about Whites
in Michigan prisons and jails.
The big picture
Our other articles about Michigan
- Detroit Pistons owner about to squeeze fans in a new way, buying Securus by Wendy Sawyer, May 18, 2017
- Letter: Ionia County postcard-only jail mail policy should be canceled, by Peter Wagner, September 28, 2014
- Michigan ACLU uses our map, testifies against harmful loitering bill, by Peter Wagner, Prison Policy Initiative Blog, October 17, 2013
- Michigan spares most counties and municipalities from prison-based gerrymandering, by Andrew Stecker and Aleks Kajstura Prison Gerrymandering Project Blog, September 26, 2011
- Fixing prison-based gerrymandering after the 2010 Census: Michigan, from Prison Policy Initiative's Fixing prison-based gerrymandering after the 2010 Census: A 50 state guide
- Counting Convicts: Do it here or there?, Jackson City Patriot editorial, February 9, 2006
- How does the Michigan incarceration rate measure up in the global context?