The graphs on this page are from our 50 State Incarceration Profiles.
You can also see the same graph expressed as numbers rather than as rates per 100,000.
See also our detailed graphs about Whites,
in Pennsylvania prisons and jails.
The big picture
Other research and materials on Pennsylvania
- FCC caps cost of phone calls to prison inmates, by Andrew McGill, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, August 10, 2013
Prisoners and Political Clout in Pennsylvania, by Peter Wagner and Elena Lavarreda, June 26, 2009
- Report: Census Prisoner Count Dilutes Urban
Political Clout By Amaris Elliott-Engel, The Legal
Intelligencer, June 26, 2009
- In Memory of Jon E. Yount (1938 - 2012), by Peter Wagner, Prison Policy Initiative Blog, May 22, 2012
- How does the Pennsylvania incarceration rate measure up in the global context?
- Prison Policy Initiative Research Clearinghouse reports about Pennsylvania