The graphs on this page are from our 50 State Incarceration Profiles.
Change over time
Also see these Pennsylvania graphs:
See also our detailed graphs about Whites,
in Pennsylvania prisons and jails.
The big picture
Other research and materials on Pennsylvania
- Prison Policy Initiative research displayed outside of Philadelphia City Hall by Peter Wagner, October 30, 2015
- FCC caps cost of phone calls to prison inmates, by Andrew McGill, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, August 10, 2013
Prisoners and Political Clout in Pennsylvania, by Peter Wagner and Elena Lavarreda, June 26, 2009
- Report: Census Prisoner Count Dilutes Urban
Political Clout By Amaris Elliott-Engel, The Legal
Intelligencer, June 26, 2009
- In Memory of Jon E. Yount (1938 - 2012), by Peter Wagner, Prison Policy Initiative Blog, May 22, 2012
- How does the Pennsylvania incarceration rate measure up in the global context?
- Prison Policy Initiative Research Clearinghouse reports about Pennsylvania