The graphs on this page are from our 50 State Incarceration Profiles.
You can also see the same graph expressed as numbers rather than as rates per 100,000.
See also our detailed graphs about Whites
in Alabama prisons and jails.
The big picture
Other research and materials on Alabama
- Alabama inmates can call home for less under new phone plan approved by Public Service Commission by Mike Cason, Alabama News, October 8, 2014
- Census’ prison population tabulation adds hurdles to redistricting in Alabama by Aleks Kajstura, July 1, 2014
- Alabama to rein in third-party payment profit sharing in prison telephone industry by Peter Wagner, July 21, 2014
- Alabama should implement proposed prison phone reform, by Aleks Kajstura, Prison Policy Initiative Blog, November 14, 2013
- Alabama seeks to curb high cost of prison and jail phone calls by Aleks Kajstura, October 9, 2013
- How does the Alabama incarceration rate measure up in the global context?
- Prison Policy Initiative Research Clearinghouse reports about Alabama