Change over time
Also see these Connecticut graphs:
See also our detailed graphs about Whites,
in Connecticut prisons and jails.
The big picture
Our other articles about Connecticut
- Ending prison gerrymandering in Connecticut campaign and resource page
- New animation illustrates the real size of Connecticut Sentencing Enhancement Zones, by Arielle Sharma, Elydah Joyce, Jacob Mitchell, June 18, 2015
- Connecticut organizations call on legislature to end prison gerrymandering, by Aleks Kajstura, January 7, 2015
- The Hidden Price Of Drug-Free Zones, by Christie Thompson, ThinkProgress, April 14, 2014
- Misconceptions about sentencing enhancement zones persist in Conn. Legislature, by Aleks Kajstura, April 4, 2014
- Reaching too far: How Connecticut's large sentencing enhancement zones miss the mark, by Aleks Kajstura, March 2014
- New fact sheet about prison gerrymandering in Connecticut, by Peter Wagner, February 26, 2014
- Count Inmates In Hometowns, Not In Cells, by Tom Condon, Hartford Courant, May 8, 2013
Imported "Constituents": Incarcerated People And Political Clout In Connecticut, by Peter Wagner. Foreword by Bilal Dabir Sekou, PhD, and Cheri Quickmire, April 17, 2013.
- Inmates Shouldn’t Boost Clout Of Prison Towns, Hartford Courant editorial board, July 2, 2012
- Importing Constituents: Incarcerated People and Political Clout in Connecticut, by Peter Wagner and Christian de Ocejo, March 2010
- Prison Expansion Won’t Aid Local Economy submitted to Hartford Courant August 1, 2002
- How does the Connecticut incarceration rate measure up in the global context?