Number of people in prison in 2022 from each Louisiana congressional district
Sources and methodology
- Congressional districts
- This is the Louisiana congressional district as drawn in 2022.
- Number of people in state prison from each congressional district, 2022
- This is the number of people from each congressional district in state prison as of 2022. See the methodology section of the report.
- Census population, 2020
- This is the population of the congressional district as reported in the 2020 Census.
- Total population, 2020
- This is the total population of the congressional district as reflected in the 2020 Census plus the imprisoned population.
- Imprisonment rate per 100,000
- This is the number of imprisoned people divided by the total population and then multiplied by 100,000. It allows ready comparison of the frequency of imprisonment between each congressional district of different population sizes.