HELP US END MASS INCARCERATION
The Prison Policy Initiative uses research, advocacy, and organizing to dismantle mass incarceration. We’ve been in this movement for 20 years, thanks to individual donors like you.
Can you help us sustain this work?
Peter Wagner, Executive Director
Number of people in prison in 2020 from select Delaware cities, towns, and villages
Sources and methodology
- Select cities, towns, and villages in Delaware
- This is the city or town defined by the Census Bureau as “places” for Census 2020.
- Number of people in state prison from each city, town, or village, 2020
- This is the number of people from each city, town, or village in state prison as of 2020. See the methodology section of the report.
- Census population, 2020
- This is the population of the city, town, or village as reported in the 2020 Census.
- Total population, 2020
- This is the total population of the city, town, or village as reflected in the 2020 Census plus the imprisoned population.
- Imprisonment rate per 100,000
- This is the number of imprisoned people divided by the total population and then multiplied by 100,000. It allows ready comparison of the frequency of imprisonment between each city, town, or village of different population sizes.