Number of people in prison in 2020 from each American Indian and Alaska Native area in Nevada
Sources and methodology
- American Indian and Alaska Native areas (AIANAs)
- This is the American Indian and Alaska Native area (AIANA) in Nevada as defined by the Census Bureau. Across the country, AIANAs include reservations and trust lands, tribal jurisdiction statistical areas, Alaska Native Regional Corporations , Alaska Native village statistical areas, and tribal designated statistical areas. In Nevada, there are American Indian reservations and trust lands.
- Number of people in state prison from each AIANA, 2020
- This is the number of people from each AIANA in state prison as of 2020. See the methodology section of the report.
- Census population, 2020
- This is the population of the AIANA as reported in the 2020 Census.
- Total population, 2020
- This is the total population of the AIANA as reflected in the 2020 Census plus the imprisoned population.
- Imprisonment rate per 100,000
- This is the number of imprisoned people divided by the total population and then multiplied by 100,000. It allows ready comparison of the frequency of imprisonment between each American Indian and Alaska Native area of different population sizes.