HELP US GET YOU THE DATA YOU NEED
We need your help to put data & compassion into the conversation about ending mass incarceration.
Can you help us sustain this work?
Peter Wagner, Executive Director
Number of people in prison in 2010 from each Syracuse Common Council distict as drawn in 2011
|Syracuse Common Council District, 2011 ||Number of people in state prison from Common Council District, 2010 ||Census population, 2010 ||Total population, 2010 ||Imprisonment rate per 100,000
|District 1 ||279 ||32,400 ||32,679 ||854
|District 2 ||351 ||27,482 ||27,833 ||1,261
|District 3 ||214 ||28,334 ||28,548 ||750
|District 4 ||340 ||27,359 ||27,699 ||1,227
|District 5 ||177 ||29,520 ||29,697 ||596
Sources and methodology
- Syracuse Common Council District, 2011
- This is the Syracuse Common Council District as drawn in 2011.
- Number of people in state prison from Common Council District, 2010
- This is the number of people from each Syracuse Common Council District in state prison as of 2010. See the methodology section of the report.
- Census population, 2010
- This is the population of the Syracuse Common Council District as reported in the 2010 Census.
- Total population, 2010
- This is the total population of the Syracuse Common Council Districtas reflected in the 2010 Census plus the imprisoned population.
- Imprisonment rate per 100,000
- This is the number of imprisoned people divided by the total population and then multiplied by 100,000. It allows ready comparison of the frequency of imprisonment between districts of different population sizes.