Change over time
Also see these Ohio graphs:
See also our detailed graphs about Whites,
in Ohio prisons and jails.
The big picture
Our other articles about Ohio
- License suspension reform spreads to Ohio by Alison Walsh, June 15, 2016
- Ending prison gerrymandering in Ohio resource and campaign page
- New Jersey, Ohio DOCs Significantly Reduce Phone Rates, by Prison Legal News, May 6, 2015
- Ohio approves 75% cost drop for prison phone calls, by Jona Ison, Telegraph Forum, March 31, 2015
- Youngstown to avoid prison gerrymandering, mostly by Aleks Kajstura, July 29, 2014
- Ohioans want an end to prison gerrymandering,by Peter Wagner, December 5, 2013
- Importing Constituents: Prisoners and Political Clout in Ohio, by Peter Wagner and Rose Heyer, July 7, 2004
- Memo to Ohio’s Joint Agency Rule Review Committee on proposed changes to Ohio’s inmate rules of conduct, January 6, 2004.
- Comments on proposed changes to Ohio’s inmate rules of conduct submitted to the Department of Rehabilitation and Correction on November 24, 2003
- “Do no harm” or “Do no expense”? Ohio’s prisoners are dying from inadequate medical care, November, 2003
- Ohio’s priorities? Graphs about racial disparities in incarceration and how Ohio spends its limited tax dollars.
- How does the Ohio incarceration rate measure up in the global context?