Change over time
Also see these Oregon graphs:
See also our detailed graphs about Whites,
and American Indians/Native Americans
in Oregon prisons and jails.
The big picture
Our other articles about Oregon
- Oregon moving against prison gerrymandering, by Aleks Kajstura, March 24, 2015
- Multnomah County Sheriff reverses ban on in-person visits in Portland jails!, by Bernadette Rabuy, January 29, 2015
- Court strikes down Oregon jail's postcard-only policy in PLN suit, by Human Rights Defense Center, press release, April 25, 2013
- Restricting inmates' mail unconstitutional, federal judge rules in Columbia County Jail case, The Associated Press, April 25, 2013
- Ending prison gerrymandering in Oregon campaign and resource page
- Oregon passes legislation to rein in racial disparities in criminal law; which state will be next?, by Leah Sakala, Prison Policy Initiative Blog, July 9, 2013
- How does the Oregon incarceration rate measure up in the global context?